I have been working with Joomla for quite a few years and with every Joomla install, I now have a certain amount of plugins that are mandatory installs as well: * as of this writing all of these plugins work with Joomla 2.5. Or at least so far..
- Phoca Download: A must have if you are publishing lots of files; either documents or media. With the ability to categorize, link (file, category, multiple files.. ), and are searchable. Best of all itâ€™s free.
- Phoca Download Plugin: This plugin will let you link your Phoca Download files in articles and menus. *you have to put in the code manuallyâ€¦
- Phoca Download Button Plugin: This will input the code for your links within articles for you. So no need to do it manually. Saves a ton of time. Still need the download plugin installed to work..
- Phoca Search Button Plugin: This will allow the search module to include your Phoca download in site searches.
- JCE Editor for Joomla: Just improves the editor interface to be more â€œoffice like.â€
- JCE Image Manager Extended: A much easier way to insert pictures, media, etc. .into your article.
- Update 2.1.12 â€“ Phoca gallery: Powerful image gallery with plugins to create image galleries and slide shows. Easy to use and like the Phoca Download, you need to install multiple plugins to utilize the full potential of this must have Joomla 2.5 plugin.
I do realize that there are many other plugins for SEO and such that are available. But most of my sites donâ€™t require SEO so this is just a base/minimal install that all of my Joomla sites have. After that, it depends on the client. What are some of your favorite Joomla plugins?