Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/13/d121821522/htdocs/mvt/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
My organization has purchased more and more iPads throughout the years and itâ€™s time to figure out a way to manage them. Iâ€™ve looked at many different offerings but all were expensive and my budget didnâ€™t allow me the ability to purchase these solutions. Are there any free iPad/iPhone/iTouch management solutions?
Found an online iPad management system from Meraki that does all I need and best of all; itâ€™s free.
Some features include:
- Easy installation of agent. All you have to do is go to a web page on your IOS driven device and register. The app gets installed and youâ€™re set.
- Detailed inventory of the client. Name, OS version, model, BIOS, serial number, IP address, ICCID and IMEI number. Installed apps and location of device is also available.
- You can also clear the passcode, force a passcode, remote erase or lock the device.
- Ability to push out WIFI settings and clips are also available.
- If you want to restrict installation of apps, in app purchases, gaming, youtube, siri, facetime.. etc.. you can with just a click of the mouseâ€¦
- Works on all IOS driven devices.
- There is a workstation client for windows and mac OS but I havenâ€™t tried it yet.
The only con that I can see right now is that with anything free like this, you must be ready for them to all of a sudden, charge you.. If you are using Meraki, please leave a comment and let me know what you think.