Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/13/d121821522/htdocs/mvt/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524
Problem: So I finally got Amazon Video to work after I got the geographic restrictions error taken care but shortly after, Amazon Video will no longer load on my Samsung Smart TV. I open it and it will sit there looking like it’s loading but will eventually time out and crash.
- Powered off the device and back on again without any luck
- I tried de-registering the device on through Amazon’s Video Settings within my account. No luck
- Checked to make sure my content filter wasn’t blocking the app like in a previous post.
I reset the Smart Hub by doing the following:
- Make sure you are out of Smart Hub and then Press the Menu key on the remote control.
- Select Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub
- You will be asked to enter the PIN (default – 0000)
- Wait until the reset is complete
- Open Smart Hub and following the setup instructions
Once Smart Hub was reconfigured, I downloaded the Amazon Video app and re-registered it. Worked perfectly after.
Note: Looks like this happened after an update. Coincidence? I’m thinking not. Updates are usually the main culprit when things go wrong.