Problem: Recently upgraded to Mac OS Lion and VMWare 4.02 and all seems to be working well except my Wacom Intuos4 tablet in full screen mode. The pointer will work for a few seconds to a minute and then will hardly move. The actions are much like a optical mouse on a reflective surface. A regular USB mouse will work just fine. The tablet does work fine in Unity but in window or full screen mode I have this problem.
Have tried the following:
1. Updated the Wacom driver on the Mac side: No luck
2. Installed the driver on the Windows 7 side without any luck
3. Set the device to connect to the Mac first in the VMWare preferences: Didnâ€™t work
4. Set the device to connect to PC first in VMWare preferences: Didnâ€™t work
5. Set the compatibility mode within the VMware preferences back to version 3: Didnâ€™t work.
Any ideas? Because Iâ€™m a a loss. This is obviously a problem with how VMWare works with Lion but not sure howâ€¦.
UPDATE: VMWARE now has instructions on how to fix this problem. Just one line in the .vmx file. Link below: